Kolej Universiti New Era, Lot 5, Seksyen 10, Jalan Bukit
43000 Kajang Selangor
New Era University College Malaysia was conceived many years before the approach of the new millennium as a community-funded tertiary institution. Its realisation today is the result of deep commitment and persistence by those in the community who care about our society’s progress through education, culture and human resource development. The 8.5 acre piece of land on which the campus stands was originally donated by the local Chinese associations in Kajang to Dong Jiao Zong (The Chinese School Committees and School Teachers Associations) in 1974 for use as a tertiary-level education institution. The desire of the community for a tertiary institution as an extension of the Malaysian Independent Chinese Secondary Schools (MICSS) has been determined and unwavering as manifested in the enthusiastic response to the fund-raising campaigns to start the campus. Planning for the university college started in earnest when a formal application for a College license was made in August 1994. After waiting for three years, the college was eventually approved by the Malaysian Education Ministry on 28 May 1997. The first intake of students at New Era University College started their courses on 1 March 1998.
What’s Different about New Era University College?
- New Era University College is founded by the community, for the community
- A non-profit, non-governmental and non-partisan establishment
- Committed to multi-cultural, holistic and socially responsible education
- Upholds academic freedom and students’ autonomy
- Promotes intellectual and artistic development
- Encourages scientific and technological advancement